Saturday, March 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups


Ok, so I made Peanut Butter Balls today rather than cups. I was in a hurry and it was much faster than using the molds I have. None the less, I like to call them peanut butter cups.
This recipe uses the peanut butter cup filling recipe I posted earlier.

This recipe takes only four ingredients:
- creamy peanut butter
- butter
- powdered sugar
- chocolate chips

Tip:
If you don't have a double boiler (like me) to melt your chocolate in, just use two pans that slightly vary in size. Put your water in the bottom pan, Rest the tip of the smaller on the side(s) of the larger and Shazaam, you have your double boiler.

Tip: Once my chocolate has melted, I throw a few new pieces to the side in the pan to start warming up. They will be ready to use once I am ready for more and I don't need to keep waiting for the chocolate to melt. I only use a small amount of melted chocolate at a time to prevent scalding and drying of the chocolate but with this method I also always have a ready supply.

Peanut Butter Cups:

- Prepare the peanut butter cup filling and let it chill in the fridge for an hour or so to stiffen
- Melt the chocolate pieces (I use chocolate chips) in a double boiler
- Roll the filling into walnut sized balls while you wait for the chocolate to warm
- Drop one ball at a time into the chocolate and roll it with a spoon until covered
- Place it on wax paper to cool
- Repeat until all the balls have a thick coating of chocolate
- You can leave them out to set or place them in the fridge
- Once the chocolate has hardened, your Done!

These are delectable!

6 comments:

  1. I know my whole family would love them. What kind of chocolate do you use? If it gets hard again does that mean it is scalded?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, hard again means no longer melted and has returned to its solid state held at room temp. I just use semi-sweet chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Unless you mean it gets hard again while being melted in the pot, then yes, it has scalded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the most delicious thing I've ever tasted! Well, at least recently :) Thanks for bringing some by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they look yummy! Your blog is so colorful, and I love new recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so fattening but they do look so delicious, I might eat the lot so I had better not try making them.

    ReplyDelete