Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quickly Thicken Soups

I have tried a few different things to thicken soups

(make a rue, puree cooked vegetables, corn starch...)



Sometimes I don't want to take the time for the above methods and it often doesn't thicken them enough for my taste.



I started looking around my kitchen for something else that may work and I found it. Being a mom of little children, I happen to have on hand Baby Rice Cereal. Yes, it sounds odd, but boy does it work. I just dumped a little in the pot, stirred and voila I could already see the difference. I poured in a little more and a little more until it was the consistency I wanted.



Quick, Easy, Works, and Nutritious!

3 comments:

  1. woohoo, what a great idea! and definitely an ingredient I have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used Malt O meal as well--same principle, just takes a little.

    ReplyDelete