Tuesday, January 26, 2010

African Rice with Ham

From Diana and Mom:

HAM & AFRICAN RICE

1/2 chopped onion
3 TB oil - I have to tell you, when I cook I don't measure exactly. I'm making a guess at how much oil to put in.
1/3 canned ham diced up - I was using some left overs from another recipe.
Saute the onions until tender. I also added 1 TB real butter.
2 c. rinsed and drained white or brown rice - add to the pan with the oil and onion and cook and stir until the rice starts to brown.
Stir in 4 cups of water and cook until the rice is tender - stirring now and then.
Salt & pepper to taste.
1 egg for each person. I scrambled these eggs up in a seperate pan, added some salt and pepper, and then spooned it on top
of the rice and we stirred it in with our ham and rice and it was YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment