Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pasta Sauce

From FeFe:

PASTA SAUCE

Saute 1/2 chopped onion and
2 cloves chopped garlic in
1/4 c oilive oil.
When browned and tender add:
Italian sausage. Faith helped me pick this out. It came in a package with five sausages in tube skins. I used two of them -
sliced the skin and took it off. I also sprinkled a little balsamic vinegar into the pan. Just a tiny sprinkle. Optional.
When the sausage/onion mix is cooked, add
1 can italian diced tomatoes
1 can - regular size tomato sauce - not the small size
1 TB dried basil
Boil this for a while until it reduces some. It's a thick sauce. Very flavorful.

1 lb pasta - we used Rigatoni I think - boil in water with olive oil and salt
When tender, or almost tender if you like it Cody style, rinse it, drain it, and then
pour the sauce into the pasta and stir.

You can top it with Parmesan cheese, but it is so flavorful, that I didn't add anything and it was great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment