Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pork Chops to Drool Over

This recipe makes the best pork chops I have ever had. I can't get enough of it when I make them and always wish I had prepared more. They are finger lick'n good!

Ingredients: Pork Chops, Salt N Pepper, Oil, Rosemary, Beef Broth (1 boullion cube and 1 cup of water), Butter

- Thaw your chops prior to cooking if they are frozen by running them under cold water.
- Use a heavy pan (not a non-stick)
- Heat the pan on med-high heat
- Season the chops with salt and pepper (I dislike pepper and it tastes great w/o too)
- Once the pan is hot add cooking oil
- Once the oil is hot, gently add the chops (be careful not to splatter)
- Let them cook for 3-5 minutes
- Just prior to flipping them, take some rosemary leaves and rub them in your hands over the pan then sprinkle them (this releases the oils)
- When the edges begin to curl up, carefully flip them using tongs or a metal spatula (not forks)
(do not turn too early or the chops will be stuck and tear)
- Let them cook until the sides begin curl up again
- Add rosemary to this side and then flip again
- Remove the pork chops to a warm plate to wait while you make the yummy gravy
- Add Beef Broth to the pan (I use one cup) the liquid will soon boil and reduce
- Wait until the liquid is almost all gone and the sound will change
- Quickly add a few pats of butter and swirl them in the pan until melted and mixed
- Now add the chops back in with all the liquid that collected in the plate and flip to coat both sides
- Once they are nice and warm again, your done! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited! I was going to make pork chops today anyway. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds yummy. I love doing something similar with lamb chops.

    ReplyDelete