Saturday, January 23, 2010

Orange Dream Machine Smoothies at Home

The Orange Dream Machine smoothie from Jamba Juice is one of my favorites. Mike brought one home for me on our Anniversary but after all the sharing, I was left wanting more. The next night I decided to make one myself. I found this recipe and it actually worked!

Orange Dream Machine Smoothie:

ingredients- orange juice, soy milk, orange sherbet, frozen yogurt, ice

- Mix 5oz OJ
- 5oz Soy Milk
- 2 scoops Orange Sherbet
- 2 scoops Frozen Yogurt
- 1 scoop ice
- Mix in your blender until smooth

This sounded great! I soon discovered that I was out of orange juice and that I had no frozen yogurt. Rather than go without, I improvised. Know that you can use Sunny Delight in place of OJ, and for the frozen yogurt...I happened to have in my fridge a carton of orange/vanilla sherbet/ice cream mix that came on sale for $1/half gallon. Know that you can use vanilla ice cream in place of the yogurt (obviously, but not as healthful). We do keep soy milk on hand so this was not a problem and I think it adds some richness and creaminess but you can use regular milk. It was amazing. Even with my substitutes and not measuring anything, it was pretty darn close to the real thing.
Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment