Friday, December 11, 2009

Freezing Tips


When I bake bread I usually make a ton. This way I don’t have to go through the mess and hard work for a while. I’ll freeze the bread. I usually store them for the short term. I’ve never frozen the bread I make for more than a year. If it is wrapped up and packaged good it should last a year. I wrap my loafs of bread in Alumina foil and then put them in a Zip Lock bag for extra freshness.

To thaw out, I pull them out of the freezer the night before. If it is a gift I will wrap it with Plastic Rap after it is thawed out and put some curly ribbon on it. I’ve done a last min. thing where I took the loaf of bread out of the freezer and raped it up in a hand towel and just defrosted it in the microwave. Most microwaves have just a defrost button.

I’ve done this with store bought bread as well.

Hope this is helpful.

1 comment: