Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Old Bananas


In my family nobody likes old, browning bananas.
I absolutely hate to waste food. But, sometimes I don't have time to peel, slice, and store in the freezer left over bananas. That does work well and you can choose to make smoothies or whatever.

If I don't have time to deal with them "properly" I just throw them in the freezer right in the peel. Then, when I have two or three and want to make banana bread, I set them out in a bowl to partially thaw.

Just cut off the end and the insides slide right out (like a push up pop only easier). They taste just as well blended for banana bread, etc.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great! I would only use my old bananas if I happened to have time that day to make banana bread. This will save a lot of wasted bananas.

    ReplyDelete