Monday, February 15, 2010

Frosting Tip


I just found this frosting tip on line.
I will try it the next time I make frosting.

Tip: If you add a pinch of baking powder to powdered sugar when making frosting, it will stay creamy and not harden or crack.

I am on a quest to find/create the perfect frosting recipes. I am picky when it comes to frosting. I don't like it when it tastes like powdered sugar or like lard. I think the peanut butter recipe I posted is perfect. I have tweaked a butter cream frosting recipe to almost perfect and I am working on a chocolate recipe. I will post them when I think they are just right. This tip may become a regular ingredient in my recipes if it works well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I think I'll try your frosting recipe today. We are just now getting to our big valentine cookies.

    ReplyDelete