Saturday, February 6, 2010

Spice Up Your French Toast

French Toast can be pretty basic.

- Mix a few eggs with a little milk in a bowl.
(2-4 eggs, about a cup or so of milk for about 12 slices)
- dip thick bread in the mix on both sides
- place in a buttered frying pan
- flip when the first side is browned and cook the other side
- serve with butter and syrup

This is one of my husband's favorite breakfasts and he eats it with a full glass of milk.

I like to Spice it up.
When mixing the eggs and milk I also add
- 1 tsp vanilla
- and a dash or two of nutmeg (or your spice of choice)
- sometimes I add a tablespoon or two of sugar as well

This adds a nice aroma and some extra flavor.
- cinnamon is a great spice to add but my husband doesn't like it.

Experiment with some others too and see how you can add some spice into your family breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. When I'm dieting, I'll make french toast out of whole wheat bread. For the egg milk mix, I'll add just a little straight cinnamon without the sugar. I'll put applesauce or bananas and nuts on top instead of syrup. It tastes just like you're cheating on your diet, but it's all healthy protein, fiber, and calcium!

    ReplyDelete