Friday, February 5, 2010

Old or Bruised Apples


I get a bunch of old, bruised or starting to shrivel apples every couple of months. These are the ones that got bumped around in a lunch box and brought home uneaten or have something else wrong with them and no one wants to eat them (not even me).

Just gather them all up and wash them. Chop them up (big dices) including the peels. You do not have to peel them. Throw away any really bad spots and/or save out any really good ones for a snack. Throw the rest in a crock pot with a couple tablespoons of butter and some brown sugar and a little cinnamon. I like to put lemon juice in with it or use granny smith apples to get a sweet tart flavor. How much sugar and cinnamon depends on how many apples and your taste.

Cook in the crockpot on low 6 hrs or until done and it will be ready for snacks when the kids come home or you can pack it as applesauce for kids lunches. But, I like it warm best.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! This sounds great and I may even try it tomorrow. I have a few of those laying around the house right now.

    ReplyDelete