Sunday, November 15, 2009

Old Bananas? EASY Banana Bread


I (Jerusha's Mom) save my "old" bananas to make banana bread. Problem is, sometimes it just seems too hard and I'm so short on time I wait until they are ROTTEN, and then throw them out. I thought if I could find an EASY banana bread recipe, that I could even memorize, I might do it more often. I did, and I do. Here it is.

EASY Banana Nut Bread

1/2 c oil
1 c sugar
2 beaten eggs
2-3 ripe bananas
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 TB milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c nuts opt.
Beat olil and sugar, add eggs and bananas; mix well. Mix together dry ingredients, then add to wet mix. Stir in mil and vanilla. Add nuts if desired. Pour into greased floured loaf pan.
Bake 350 ' <1 hr. Let cool and wrap in saran wrap or foil.
Taste even better the next day.
Note - you can substitite 6 oz. chocolate chips for nuts - kids love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment