Monday, November 9, 2009

Sprouted Wheat and Manna Bread

Have you heard about sprouted wheat? My friend Deeann just told me about it today. We know that whole wheat in and of itself is great for you, but did you know it gets even healthier once you sprout it? It starts to grow and forms all sorts of vitamins and proteins, basically converting it from being a starch into a vegetable/protein food! In the Bible they talk about bread in Ezekiel 4:9 "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..." I never paid much attention to these health food stores that sold Ezekiel bread, but now they might be on to something. I researched it a little and found this simple sounding recipe that includes instructions on how to sprout the wheat as well as how to bake it into what she calls "Manna Bread." Let me know if you try it and like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment